Dulles Eye Associates Loudoun Lasik, Fairfax Lasik, Reston Lasik
tel: (703) 723-9633 | fax: 703-723-9772
This location does not accept walk in
By appointment only
3301 Woodburn Rd Suite 104
Annandale, VA 22003
19415 Deerfield Ave, Suite 106
Lansdowne, VA 20176
Monday - Friday 9-5
Lansdowne (Main Office and Lasik Center)
1860 Town Center Dr #225
Reston, VA 20190
By Appointment Only
1020 East Main Street Unit L
Purcellville, VA 20132
CAN I GO BLIND?
Since LASIK surgery deals only with the corneal surface of the eye, there is virtually no risk of harming the internal eye structures that facilitate vision. Additionally, some studies suggest LASIK surgery carries less risk of infection than wearing contact lenses. (SOURCE: Patient bad habits might not be so hard to break. Contact Lens Spectrum, December 2007)
CAN I NEGATIVELY IMPACT THE TREATMENT? WHAT IF I MOVE OR BLINK DURING THE PROCEDURE?
A+ Lasik with Allegretto Wavelight Technology has advanced eye tracking systems that ensure the laser is focused on the proper part of the eye. If you move slightly, the laser will be able to track that movement and remain focused on the right spot on the cornea. If you move, the laser has safety features that will automatically shut it down and reposition the laser where it left off. We take every step necessary to ensure our commitment to your safety is reflected in our advanced technology.
HOW LONG DOES LASIK SURGERY TAKE?
While you should prepare to spend around 90 minutes at Our Center for both your pre-op vision exam and treatment, the surgery itself takes less than 10 minutes. In fact, the laser will be used on each eye for less than a minute! (A+ Lasik is the fastest laser available giving best results!)
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST FOR MY PROCEDURE?
Your LASIK surgery costs will be determined during your comprehensive eye exam. Each patient's treatment plan is matched to a treatment cost, and your treatment plan is a function based on your prescription: corneal thickness, laser technology, pupil diameter, and the overall health of your eyes. During your FREE, comprehensive examination, you will be provided with a treatment recommendation, as well as financing options. Your vision correction exam is also a great tool to help determine if LASIK surgery is something you would consider.
ARE THERE ANY HIDDEN CHARGES?
No, there are no hidden charges. All Dulles Eye Associates plans include pre-operative care, vision correction, and post-operative care.
I HAVE SEEN ADS FOR AS LOW AS $499/EYE. HOW CAN LASIK BE SO CHEAP?
When you're shopping for a LASIK surgery provider, this is one of those instances where "you get what you pay for." It’s important to fully understand any possible shortcomings of highly discounted LASIK surgery costs. In addition, many inexpensive laser vision correction ads have caveats and asterisks. Be sure to read the "fine print," and ask questions regarding:
Experience- Find out how many LASIK surgeries the surgeon has performed or how many years they have been in practice.
Narrow Criteria- Sometimes the promoted corrective procedure is not the best plan for you, or it may only be appropriate to a very small percentage of patients, 5% or less; therefore, most patients are not likely to benefit from the ad.
Laser Technology- There is a variety of antiquated lasers that may be less expensive to use, but may not produce the quality of results. Some are mobile and get shipped from city to city. Maintenance and calibration of the lasers are also very important in assuring you receive optimal results.
Reputation- Consider the company's reputation and longevity. Be certain you trust your LASIK surgery provider in a way that is equitable to the importance of your eyes.
Recovery is fast- The first couple of hours after surgery, the eye feels somewhat irritated, with a burning sensation and some tearing. Vision is typically smokey or hazy during this time. Most patients nap for a couple of hours due to the preoperative sedation. After several hours, the irritation goes away and the vision begins to clear. The day after surgery, most irritating sensations are completely gone and vision is remarkably clear.
VISIAN ICL FAQs
What is Visian ICL?
The Visian ICL™ (Implantable Collamer Lens) is made of an advanced soft-material lens, composed of 100% biocompatible collagen copolymer, that provides not only UV protection and permanent vision correction, but also a quality of vision that is sharper, clearer, and more vivid than that what one can achieve with glasses or contacts. Additionally, unlike LASIK, the Visian ICL procedure does not permanently alter the shape of your cornea. There is no maintenance associated with the lens, and it is intended to remain in place as long as you are satisfied with your vision. If at any point your vision changes or you wish to have them removed, it can be done easily and without compromising your vision whatsoever.
Advantages of the Visian ICL
If you are between the ages of 21 and 50, and suffer from a moderate to severe degree of nearsightedness, then you may be a candidate for this great procedure and the advantages it provides. These include:
• Immediate vision improvement at all distances – eliminating the need for glasses or contacts
• High Definition Vision: You can enjoy a new level of vision correction that’s sharper, clearer, more vivid, and has greater depth and dimension.
• Designed to be Permanent, Yet Is Removable: One of the important advantages of the Visian ICL is that while it can permanently correct your vision, the lens can be simply removed and/or replaced if necessary. Also, concerns involving the cornea typically do not apply to the Visian ICL, as no natural corneal tissue is permanently removed or reshaped in any way during implantation.
• Does Not Cause Dry Eye: Visian ICL does not cause or contribute to dry eyes. If you have dry eyes, ask your doctor if the Visian ICL may be the best vision correction option for you.
• Short Recovery Time: The recovery for the Visian ICL is quick and pain-free, and may be as little as one day, due to the very small size of the opening required. Patients typically experience minimal discomfort, and many times go back to work the next day.
• UV Protection: Long-term exposure to UV radiation can damage your eyes; and longer term or more intense exposure increases the chance of eye disorders including the development of cataracts and some retinal problems. As an added feature, the Visian ICL advanced lens material contains a UV blocker that actually prevents harmful UVA and UVB rays from entering the eye, possibly preventing the development of UV related eye disorders.
• Treatment Flexibility for the Future: Your vision changes as you grow older and eventually almost everyone will need cataract surgery. An important benefit with the Visian ICL is that you have options for future treatments. Because Visian ICL maintains the structure of the eye, the lens can be removed and replaced if your vision changes substantially, or if you have another procedure at any time.
• Simplification of Life: There is no daily maintenance as with traditional contact lenses, and no concern of problems from daily activities such as swimming and sports.
• LASIK Alternative – Patients who have corneas too thin or prescriptions too high for LASIK can still live a life glasses free thanks to this procedure.
How is the procedure performed?
The Visian ICL procedure is an outpatient procedure that generally takes around 15 minutes. Prior to the procedure you will receive topical anesthesia drops to minimize discomfort. Then the doctor creates a micro opening to insert the lens into the eye with an injector. Once the lens is injected, it unfolds in the eye and the procedure is complete. Patients experience an immediate improvement in vision and are “wowed” by the results.
The Visian ICL procedure is an outpatient procedure that generally takes around 15 minutes.
Who is a candidate for Visian ICL?
If you are between the ages of 21 and 45 and nearsighted, you may be an excellent candidate for the Visian ICL. This procedure is able to treat a range of patients from low to extremely high refractive errors and is especially beneficially to those with thin corneas and dry eyes. It is preferable that the patient has not undergone any ophthalmic surgery and does not have a history of eye disease such as iritis, glaucoma, or diabetic retinopathy.
If you are between the ages of 21 and 45 and nearsighted, you may be an excellent candidate for the Visian ICL.
Who is NOT a candidate for Visian ICL?
At Dulles Eye Associates, we always recommend you undergo a vision consultation to determine the best vision correction plan for you. If the Visian ICL is not right for you, other options are available. Vision ICL may not be the best course of action for:
• Patients whose eye prescription has changed in the last six months
• Patients without a large enough anterior cell density
• Patients with an anterior chamber depth of less than 3.00mm
• Patients who are pregnant or nursing
• Patients with uncontrolled dry eye or blepharitis
• Patients with corneal endothelial dystrophy
The Visian ICL received FDA approval to treat a wide range of myopia in 2005.
Is the Visian ICL FDA approved?
Yes. The Visian ICL received approval from the FDA for a wide range of myopic (nearsightedness) correction needs.
What is the track record of the Visian ICL?
Extensive research and development preceded the introduction of the Visian ICL. It is now being used by more than 400,000 patients worldwide. The satisfaction rate among patients is extremely high – above 99%. The Visian ICL provides unparalleled quality of vision and has excellent and stable outcomes for patients with moderate to severe myopia. The Visian ICL has been available internationally for over 10 years.
Can the Visian ICL be removed from my eye?
Although the lens is intended to remain in place permanently, a surgeon can remove the implant if necessary.
Is the Visian ICL visible to others?
No. The Visian ICL is positioned behind the iris (the colored part of the eye), where it is invisible to both you and observers.
The Visian ICL implant is invisible both to you and observers.
Will I be able to feel the Visian ICL once it is in place?
The Visian ICL is designed to be completely unobtrusive after it is put in place. It stays in position by itself and does not interact with any of the eye's structures.
Feel free to contact us at Dulles Eye Associates with any questions that you may have, or to schedule an eye exam to discover if the Visian ICL or an alternative vision correction procedure is right for you.